Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Comfort Me


I've started a new job here, which is fantastic, but doesn't leave the long lazy afternoons for baking that I had been blissfully enjoying. There is still plenty of time to be sure, however some nights all I wish to do is come home and nosh on something comforting and quick. Last night was one of those nights. I had gotten home a little later than usual, since I needed to run some errands on the way. As I wearily peered into my cupboards and fridge, the bright smiling faces of little bella potatoes grinned back at me. There, I thought, was dinner.



Dishes like these are easy to prep at the last minute, because they're based in the basics. A little cream, some whipped egg, and entirely too much butter. Toss in a little salt and pepper and fresh chopped parsley (which I have, but utterly forgot to add), and you're set. I was able to bake the sliced potatoes directly in the bowl, which made for a sizzling treat when I pulled them out of the oven.

I think this would be good with some grilled onions, or a little sage or cilantro. All in all, however, simple was comforting as my meal emerged thirty minutes later, baked and delicious. Snapping on the broiler at the very end ensured the lovely roasted top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home