Monday, October 30, 2006

You Will Love These Scones.


I adore tinkering around with recipes, and when I happen upon something that works, I am giddy as anyone who ever yelled "Eureka!" These simple drop scones were concocted, baked, and being... appreciated (num num num), in less than an hour. The recipe differs from most scone recipes in that it involves no rolling or cutting, there's no shortening, and I used light brown sugar in place of granulated. The result is nothing short of a delightful buttery and crumbly scone with just a hint of sweet to it.


I do lay emphasis on the "crumbly"; you could cut these, once cooled, and spread with butter and jam, but I find they work best if munched whole with a cup of tea. Either way, I continue to stand by my title and declare than you will indeed, love these scones.

Drop Scones

2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup light brown sugar
6 tablespoons softened butter
3/4 cup cream
1 egg


Preheat the oven to 375. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add butter and mix well. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together cream and egg. Add to dry ingredients, and quickly stir. With your hands, section out dough onto a lightly greased tray. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown along the edges.
Enjoy and love!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Anita (Married... with dinner) said...

yay, a fellow recipe-tinkerer. :D

10:33 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Carter: Wow, that's so odd that we have so much in common- definitely going to check out the site. Ah.. I miss Wisconsin sometimes, but I really do love it here.

Anita: Yes... I admit I cannot resist playing with recipes. ;) Sometimes it's out of necessity, sometimes it's curiosity, plain and simple!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home